Oakland County Assault & Battery Attorney
Defending Those Charged with Assault & Battery in Birmingham & Beyond
If you’re facing assault and battery charges, you need a passionate defender on your side to protect your rights and freedom. At Rights First Law, we have extensive experience defending against these types of charges and can fight on your behalf in Birmingham, Oakland County, and across Michigan.
How We Can Help You
You don’t have to face the maximum penalty. At Rights First Law, we will always pursue the best outcome possible. Our Oakland County assault and battery lawyer is dedicated to protecting your freedom.
In your free consultation, Rights First Law will strive to:
- Understand your case
- Explain the court process to you
- Describe your case’s possible outcomes
- Show how we can present you and your case convincingly
What is the Difference Between Assault & Battery?
In Michigan, an individual may be charged with assault or battery depending on the circumstances of the encounter:
- Assault means acting with intent to physically harm someone or causing a person to believe they were in danger of being harmed. For example, threatening someone with a gun would be considered assault even if the victim was not injured.
- Battery means force was used to hurt someone. This could be from a slap or punch, or from using an object as a weapon. If you’re accused of battery, you are also simultaneously accused of assault since harming someone entails attempting to harm them.
What are the Penalties for Assault & Battery?
The penalties for a first-time assault or assault and battery charge in Michigan are the same -- up to a $500 fine and no more than 93 days in jail. Both are categorized as a misdemeanor. A second offense of assault or assault and battery can be punished by up to a $1,000 fine and 1 year in jail.
Our proven track record demonstrates our willingness to fight for your rights in and out of the courtroom.
We take the time to listen to your concerns and evaluate the best course of action for your unique situation.
We work to provide clients with the knowledge and understanding they need to make informed decisions about their legal matters.
We tirelessly advocate for your rights, ensuring the best possible outcome for your case.
Not Guilty Assault & Battery
Dismissal of 6/7 charges Client Charged With 7 Counts
Full Acquittal Domestic Violence
Case Dismissed Drug Crime
Case Dismissed DUI